When you are cleaning your bathroom, you need to pay special care and attention to what you’re doing, not just because that painted vanity with oak top for bathroom is special, but also since the bathroom suffers through a lot.
Cleaning your bathroom can be expensive, but here are some simple tips to help everything squeaky clean.
- Household items can do the job.
- Expensive commercial products can be, well, expensive, with ‘miracle’ products available in the market for those looking for it. However, the stuff in your house can clean that painted vanity with oak top for bathroom just as well. Stir 3 tbsp of baking soda and half a cup of household ammonia into 2 cups warm water, which you can then use on sponges and rags.
- Handle the bowl.
- If there was a list of things people want to do, toilet cleaning is likely to be low on the list, but it has to be done. 2 antacid tablets or a denture tablet with baking soda and let its do its magic, then scrub it. If you do not have that, mouthwash or cola can work in a pinch. Yes, cola.
- The curtains match the windows?
- Mildew loves moist environments, and guess what a bathroom is like? You can take your curtains and liners in salted water then hang them, after which you use half a cup borax and vinegar to 2 cup water, pour onto the mildew, let sit, then scrub.
- Up on the ceiling?
- Looking up on the ceiling is something people tend to do when they have nothing else on to do. In this case, you have nothing else to clean. This is where the mop comes in; using the formula with vinegar, clean the ceiling. You are going to need a pair of goggles for this.
- When life gives you lemons…
- 2-3 parts borax plus 1 part lemon juice makes for a good cleaning, even against the grime on toilet bowls. Stir the lemon juice in slowly until the proper consistency, and apply this formula, and let that sit on the bowl for 1.5-2 hours, then proceed to scrub. This method is particularly good at dealing with the ring of grime that appears on water level.