If you are trying to maintain a healthy diet, then choosing a restaurant can be tricky but you can never go wrong with Japanese cuisine. There are a lot of choices when it comes to fresh vegetables as well as lean proteins and fried dishes are rarely seen. The trick is to choose the right set of foods in order to get a healthy meal. If you choose correctly, a Japanese restaurant is the best place to get a healthy meal.
- First thing you have to do once you have settled down is to order a glass of water along with a steaming cup of green tea and edamame. You will feel very hungry as soon as you are settled down and the aroma of food reaches your nostrils while you are browsing through the menu.
- Your first course should be a salad of some sort. There are many options to choose from such as a basic house salad, cucumber salad or seaweed salad. There are also combinations of salad with miso soup which is an ideal option if you want a low calorie meal.
- As soon as you have your chopsticks, refuse the extras such as cocktails, desserts, sauce that are mayo-based, fried appetizers and Saki. These are the reason why your calorie consumption for a single meal is higher than usual. Eat all your food using only chopsticks which will help in slowing you down and will give your tummy the time to feel when it is already full. This will also help you avoid eating too much.
- If you need a soy sauce, choose the one that has low sodium content. Pour little every time you need more. Use other options in flavouring your meal such as mustard dip, ginger or chili sauce. A meal with too much sodium can result to swelling as well as bloating because of water retention.
- Your entrée should have as much vegetables as you want along with lean proteins. Bangkok Japanese restaurants usually have many options when it comes to fishes such as the fresh sushi.