For first time tourists who are visiting South America for the first time, the experience can be a little bit overwhelming. Planning can be a challenge too as you don’t know where to start but here are some tips on how you can fully enjoy your trip to South America.
- Knowing some basic local phrases will not hurt you. In fact, it can help you go a long way while there. Remember to brush up on basic Spanish if you are planning to visit countries that are Spanish-speaking. The main language of Brazil is Portuguese thus it can be helpful of you know a few phrases.
- You should research about visa guidelines in every country where you are planning to visit in South America. Keep in mind that each country has its own regulations when it comes to visa. There are countries that have open borders while countries such as Brazil require that you pay to obtain a visa.
- After learning the local language, you must also learn the currencies used. The United States uses only one currency all throughout the different states but this is not the case with South America. Know the exchange rate of every currency and download a trusted app where you can check the current rates as it fluctuates every day.
- Bringing your own snacks is a good idea especially if you have a very sensitive stomach. There is an abundance of food in South America but street food might not be for the weak in the stomach as you might not enjoy your trip because of the frequent need to go to the loo. Bringing your own snacks is also a great way to save if your itinerary requires lot of energy burning activities.
- Create an itinerary before leaving. It should contain your bucket list – this is the things you want to do and accomplish while in South America.
- Do not be afraid to try the local cuisine. Every country in South America boasts of a specialty food so it should be worth trying.
Once you have decided that you want to go to South America for your next trip, you can check online websites such as www.southamericatours.com.au to get affordable package tour deals.