In life, there are many things that require the services of a professional especially when it comes to handling your financial aspect. This is the reason why choosing a financial adviser in Australia should not be taken lightly. There are many factors to consider such as the objective, experience as well as qualification level. These are the pillars you have to look into in when finding the financial adviser that will suit your need.
To determine the legitimacy of the individual, you can with the financial advisers register managed by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. It has a list which covers everyone that is professionally allowed to give personal advice regarding investments, life insurance as well as superannuation. The list is not 100% complete but the number individuals not included is only very small thus it is still the best place to check if you want to assess someone you want to hire as financial adviser.
It is also worth visiting Adviser Ratings which is an online portal that allows clients to leave a rating under the financial adviser they have worked with. From thereyou can check if the financial adviser you are considering has received ratings. This is also a good starting point if you don’t have a list of potential advisers yet because you can filter them depending on who you need and the qualifications of the person you want.
Before signing a contract with a financial adviser, make sure to ask them the following essential questions:
- Ask about their qualification and whether they have the proper authority to recommend the products they want you to sign up for.
- Ask advice regarding the products that you are currently using.
- Ask them to list down their experiences related to the field of financial advising.
- Check if they belong in any professional governing bodies or association to verify their good standing.
- Inquire about the methods they use as financial adviser in Australia in order to make sure that they keep up with any changes that might have an impact on the financial stability of their clients.