Deciding to change your roofing or to install one in your new home means you have to decide which type of material to choose. Before you research about roof tilers in Sydney, it is best to know more about the different styles and types of roofing available nowadays. Each of these types has advantages and disadvantages therefore choosing based on a number of criteria can help one narrow down their choices. The factors you have to consider are durability, weight, style, material and cost.
- Clay Tile. This can be quite heavy and brittle because of the clay material thus the frame of the roof should have enough support. The upside is that it is resistant to fire and it is very durable. When it comes to cost, clay tile can be quite expensive.
- Asphalt Composition Shingles. This is the most commonly used roofing material because more than 80 per cent of residential homes make use of this. This material has low durability but the cost is not very expensive. If you are looking for eco-friendly options, keep in mind that this product is petroleum based but recyclable.
- Concrete Tile. This is a more affordable option to clay tile. Though heavier in weight, it is durable and resistant to fire. Natural materials are used to manufacture this product but it needs a lot of energy to do so. Roof framing should be reinforced becauseof the tile’s heavy weight.
- Metal. Compared to asphalt, this roofing material is more expensive but it has the upper hand when it comes to durability. It is resistant to both wind and fire. The cost of copper is more expensive in comparison to steel.
- Slate. This material is made from natural slate rock therefore it is very expensive. In fact, it needs trained workers who knowhow to install them professionally. This material is heavy, durable and fire and wind resistant.
- Plastic polymer. This lightweight, affordable and durable material. This looks like wood shakes or slate and there are materials that can be recycled.
After choosing the material, you can go ahead and hire from a number of roof tilers in Sydney in order to discuss more about your choice of roofing material.